“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” - Aesop
Volunteers are the backbone of Catholic Community Services of Northern Utah (CCS). Their time, energy, and compassion are what allow us to continue helping those in need. Volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation on Tuesdays at 2pm.
We welcome help from volunteers, including administration, warehouse and reception assistance in Ogden. We look forward to working with you if any of these areas interest you.
Joyce Hansen Hall Food Bank
- Help Stock shelves; organize, sort, and distribute food.
- Assist with food bank client intake.
- Deliver food boxes to elderly or disabled clients, as well as food pick-up from grocery stores.
Bridging the Gap
- Distribute food to low-income local elementary school students each Friday with our mobile pantry.
- Help with set-up and take down.
- Provide nutrition education/healthy lifestyle activities for the Youth.
St. Martha’s Baby Project
- Make baby blankets and other items needed for the layettes.
- Organize the St. Martha’s Baby Project’s storage room and help deliver the layettes to area hospitals.
- Sharpen and develop your clerical and admin skills during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Duties include data entry, answering phones, setting appointments, research, filing, etc.
- Volunteers with specialized skills are utilized from accounting to painting, assisting clients and agency with various projects and special events.
- Maintenance volunteers are always need to keep our facility running.
CCS always needs volunteers to organize donation drives as well. Food, hygiene kits/items, diapers & formula, Baby Items, Pet food, home cleaning supplies, and school supplies. See a complete list here.
Volunteer in Salt Lake
CCS has 10 programs statewide. Visit the ccsutah.org website if you are interested in volunteering in other areas.